I have a questions about dermatitis in dogs?

Hello dog section! My boyfriend's mom has 2 rescued dogs, both a mixture of lhasa apso. One is about 5 (Nicky) and one is around 3(Jack). She does not know their exact age, since they were both rescued. When they got Jack, about 2 yrs or so, he was in horrible condition. He had fleas, his eyes were runny... show more Hello dog section!

My boyfriend's mom has 2 rescued dogs, both a mixture of lhasa apso.
One is about 5 (Nicky) and one is around 3(Jack). She does not know their exact age, since they were both rescued.
When they got Jack, about 2 yrs or so, he was in horrible condition. He had fleas, his eyes were runny really bad, very skinny.
She brought him home as a foster dog, but fell in love him the second he walked through the door. (fleas and all).
She fixed him all up, but realized he was always chewing on his paws, to the point where they were red. The vets found a few allergies and he has been on medication ever since. Well, 1 year later, he got these bumps on his back. She has been in and out of the vets office every other week/month and they finally said he was allergic to ckn, beef, turkey-She had him on a diet of prescribed dog food, i believe made out of rabbit (?) and she also fed him one egg a day for the protein, and sometimes fish.
She also feeds Nicky the same. They were both doing great for a while. Even the red stuff around their eyes cleared up.
But Jack's bumps came back. Now the vets say it's Dermatits.
They said it was not contagious for the Nicky, but just this week Nicky got it as well!

She said she will not give them an egg anymore, but we don't think that is the cause. She just wants her dogs to be comfortable, as they can get itcy and infected.
What should she be doing? Feeding?
Thank you very much
Update: do we ask the vet to refer one to us?
Also, are there pet dermatologists?
Update 2: Nicky has never had this issue. It just appeared last week. They are bumps filled with puss (poor babies). I do think the vet did a scrape, and i know when she goes they "pop" them...but i'm not 100% sure of what else they have done or what medication they have been on. How do i find a pet... show more Nicky has never had this issue.
It just appeared last week.
They are bumps filled with puss (poor babies). I do think the vet did a scrape, and i know when she goes they "pop" them...but i'm not 100% sure of what else they have done or what medication they have been on.
How do i find a pet dermatologist? I know she will want to see one
Update 3: they have always been bathed with oatmeal shampoo!