What are my rights? MFI Kitchen?

I ordered a kitchen from MFi in Oct 08, when I went to pay the full amount on my debit card the sales lady advised me not to pay on my debit card as she tought that the branch was going to go bust and sold off in a couple of days and to take the finance option with black horse finance and then I would be safe and... show more I ordered a kitchen from MFi in Oct 08, when I went to pay the full amount on my debit card the sales lady advised me not to pay on my debit card as she tought that the branch was going to go bust and sold off in a couple of days and to take the finance option with black horse finance and then I would be safe and not lose any money and would be able to deal with another local branch and pay by cash when it was deemed safer or after I had taken delivery of the kitchen.

Evidently that did happen so I then was in touch with the other branach they organised my delvery etc.

After taking delivery of my kitchen in Nov 08 I was well aware that the MFI policy was any missing items were to be reported within 72hrs, as I was not able to get the kitchen fitted for 3 weeks I wasnt able to see if there was any of the kitchen missing at that time, however at the time of assembly we found that a significant amount of the kitchen was missing. Unfortunalty this was in the same week that MFI went bust all together so I was not able to contact them for a any missing parts etc, so I had to pay exsortion amounts of money for the missing pieces on the internet.

After 3 months of no payments being taken from Black Horse I rang them and they said they had no record of me and to email an enquires dept at MFI, I did so (and still have the email) and asked them to supply the finance docs as it was a rushed situation and I was not quite sure what I had signed and wanted to pay the full amount there and then.

I have had no reply until today (8 months later) from MFI asking for the full amount, I have now spent the money and cant afford to pay the monthly payment.

Is it fair that that they have taken so long to come back to me when I was willing to pay the full amount in the first place and I only got 1/2 a kitchen?