promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

Tour De France. Do you think Lance Armstrong will be in the Yellow Jersey this after-noon.?

After he has gone over Le Grand-Bornand and four other mountain passes.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

well guess what Contador shows that he only cares about himself because he wasn't supposed to attack on the mountain stage that moved him above Armstrong and it makes it worse when you see him attack to lose his own teammate today. After all of that Armstrong still shows his support. It is pretty much impossible for Armstrong To get in yellow this year but if he does well in the time trial he might be able to get a spot on the podium. Next year i have a feeling Armstrong will win the Tour De France again because he did so well this year even after how long he has been away from the sport at his age.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The only way I see Lance in Yellow is if something happens to Contador, such as a crash.

Lance, whatever else you may think of him, is too much the team guy to attack on a regular stage.

I think that he could have continued on yesterday after making up the 30+ second gap to the yellow jersey group on that last climb, but he stayed with his teammate.

During tomorrow's time trial, who knows what may happen. i don't see him holding back anything. If he's that much stronger/ faster, so be it.

• 1 decade ago

For him to take yellow today would show a total disregard for his teammate Contador and would be unforgiveable. That's if he were even capable of taking it in a stage like today from rider like the current yellow jersey. If he's stays close though then there is a chance that he might take the jersey after the time trial in Annecy, although it would be just to lose it again on the mont ventoux the day befor paris.

Its more likely that schleck will overtake him in the general standing today and there is also a small chance that our bradley could maybe just possibly, if he hangs on today, wear yellow for a day after Annecy...

• 1 decade ago

No, as an older guy, I know that your ability to recover is the first thing to go as you get older. What is more interesting, is whether Bradley Wiggins can stay with Contador today. If he can, then there is a possibility he can make up the difference in the Time Trial.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Only if he borrows it off Contador in the team bus. Armstorn wont win it again. He's too old now and lots of new talent coming through, eg the Schleck Bros.

• phil
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

No, unless he steals Alberto Contador's Laundry

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Contador is the best and will match LA's seven wins one day.

• 1 decade ago

No, at his age at this level he's going to have to accept the role of domestique in Grand Tours. Either that, or he's going to have to change the dosage levels of the drugs he supposedly never took. Or at least never got caught taking.

• 1 decade ago

No. This is not the tactical time for him to attack. Whether or not to attack is a strategic question.

HTH

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well he does look good in Yellow!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.