What are some of the best quotes you've heard?

What are some quotes that mean a lot to you? Ones that have helped you through your hardships?

I am also looking for quotes that leave you feeling very positive and carefree.

thankyou!

• Jo W
    Favorite Answer

These are all my favorites -

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES -

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” - Anatole France

“Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.” - Pamela Vaull Starr

“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

“Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” - Thomas Alva Edison

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” - Albert Einstein

“He is able who thinks he is able.” - Buddha

“Recognition is the greatest motivator.” - Gerard C. Eakedale

“Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.” - Albert Einstein

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” - Zig Ziglar

“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” - Confucius

“One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

“Drink to me” - Pablo Picasso

SAD/HEARTBROKEN QUOTES -

“Though lovers be lost love shall not.” - Dylan Thomas

“He's also there for people who have lost loved ones.” - Don McClure

“Parting is all we know of heaven, and all we need of hell.” - Emily Dickinson

“To be with a man who hasn't tried every line, who hasn't broken up with a woman every which way you can break up with them, is kind of nice.” - Uma Thurman

“It's afterwards you realize that the feeling of happiness you had with a man didn't necessarily prove that you loved him” - Marguerite Duras

LOVE QUOTES -

“Came but for friendship, and took away love.” - Thomas Moore

“Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.” - Swedish Proverb

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” - A. A. Milne

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” - Judy Garland

“True love always makes a man better, no matter what woman inspires it” - Alexandre Dumas Père

“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” - Arthur Rubinstein

“Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never.” - Charles Caleb Colton

“Woman reaches love through friendship; man reaches friendship through love” - Mohammed Hijazi

“I love you,

Not only for what you are,

But for what I am

When I am with you.

I love you,

Not only for what

You have made of yourself,

But for what

You are making of me.

I love you

For the part of me

That you bring out;

I love you

For putting your hand

Into my heaped-up heart

And passing over

All the foolish, weak things

That you can’t help

Dimly seeing there,

And for drawing out

Into the light

All the beautiful belongings

That no one else had looked

Quite far enough to find.

I love you because you

Are helping me to make

Of the lumber of my life

Not a tavern

But a temple;

Out of the works

Of my every day

Not a reproach

But a song.

I love you

Because you have done

More than any creed

Could have done

To make me good

And more than any fate

Could have done

To make me happy.

You have done it

Without a touch,

Without a word,

Without a sign.

You have done it

By being yourself.

Perhaps that is what

Being a friend means,

After all.” - Roy Croft

“I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.” - Pietro Aretino

“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” - Roy Croft

“You're my sweetheart to the max. I love you like Crispy Critters.” - Wesley Willis

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” - William Arthur Ward

“You taught me to love fearlessly and to open up my heart. I've never known anyone like you. I love you to no end.” - Phil Martin

“Some people never say the words 'I love you'. It's not their style to be so bold. Some people never say those words: 'I love you' But, like a child, they're longing to be told.” - Paul Simon

LIFE QUOTES -

“The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” - Robert Flatt

“Once they move, they're gone. Once you move, life starts over again.” - Jim Hinkle

“When you feel that you have reached the end and that you cannot go one step further, when life seems to be drained of a

Fly, if you can't fly, run, if you can't run, walk, if you can't walk, crawl, but by all means keep moving until you reach what you believe in.

I'm a lover, not a fighter, but I'll fight for what I love.

Tough times are what makes a tough person, the more shxt you go through the stronger you get. So just remember that.

Breathe. Let go. And remember this is the only moment you know you have for sure.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

If you can dream it, you can do it.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of there dreams.

Live.Laugh.Love.

Not really uplifting, but it is the best quote I've ever come across.

"As we grow older, we stop playing Truth or Dare because our secrets become too much to bear." - Jasmine Mulholland.

You may write me down in history

With your bitter, twisted lies,

You may trod me in the very dirt

But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Source(s): And Still I Rise, "Still I Rise" Maya Angelou

Smart is when you believe only half of what you hear. Brilliant is when you know which half to believe. --Orben's Current Comedy

You must accept that’s who he really is.

You must accept you cannot be his

unless he is yours. No compromise.

He is a canvas on which paint never dries;

a clay that never sets, steel that bends

in a breeze, a melody that when it ends

no one can whistle. He is not who

you thought. [...]

You have to hear what he is telling you

and see what he is; how it is killing you.

— Kate Light

• Joseph

"It is not the beginning, it is not the end. But it is certainly the beginning of the end".......Winston Churchill commenting on the allies fight against the Nazi war machine of WW11.

If you wanna see a rainbow, you have to go through the rain.

Who knew the price of happiness, would not be happy.

• Kai

"Never compromise yourself, you are all you've got!"

- Janis Joplin

"Do one thing everyday that scares you." - Elanor Roosevelt

"I believe that all people are quietly heroic. Everyday deeds are astonishing, average people are amazing."

And, my personal favorite, from one of my best friends in reference to Daniel Radcliffe, "He can heat up /my/ bum ;D" XDD

x

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."

-Eleanor Roosevelt.

Also, www.quotegarden.com is a great place for inspirationaly quotes.