In a car accident & we have the same insurance company, shouldn't my deductible be waived?

In CA & I was recently in a car accident. The other driver rear ended me and is totally at fault & admits it. We have the same insurance company & I'm wondering if I should go with my claim or his. I hit the car in front of me, but in the accident they said their car was fine & drove off. I don't remember, but there is damage to the front of my vehicle as well. The "at fault" adjuster says they will only pay for rear end damage, however my front needs repair as well. If I go thru my claim can they waive the deductible?? I should not have to pay anything I'm not at fault and we have the same insurance company. If I claim "no fault" can my deductible be waived?? Do I need a lawyer??

Favorite Answer

The problem with the front end damage is that the driver in front of you drove off. In a multiple rear-end collision, the million dollar question is, did the front driver feel two impacts or only one?

The person in the middle will say they were pushed into the car in front of them 100% of the time, (not disputing your honesty, but not everyone is honest, and sometimes things happen so fast, people just aren't sure) but the person in front is the one who can tell if they were hit by the middle car and then the back car hit the middle car, or if the middle car was pushed into them.

The person behind you is clearly at fault for your rear damage, but your front end damage is a much murkier question.

Without that front driver, there is no proof positive independent witness to prove in what order the impacts occurred, and therefore no way to prove that your front end damage is not the result of your rear-ending that front car.

Source(s): Claims adjuster w/ 16 years insurance industry experience.

If you both have the same amount of a collision deductible, your deductible will be waived for the rear damage but you may end up paying a deductible to have your front damage repaired. It is all up to the adjuster. IF there was a police report that says the guy in front of you took off, Your company (adjuster) may not require you to pay any deductible at all. If you want the front of your car repaired, you have no choice but to use your insurance. Let them handle it. They will do the right thing. If you don't trust them, get a different insurer for the future

Source(s): Always call the police and always notify YOUR insurance company..... Always

I'm not religious, but I do have heavy sociological / anthropological background. If you feel the need to "fear" your God, then it's because you feel guilty for something, or you want to feel victimized. Most folks don't fear their God. They love their God. God is like the ultimate leader. As Machiavelli said, a good leader must be both loved and feared. If he is just loved, then people will still do what they want against his wishes at times. If he is just feared, then they won't love their own lives, only doing what he wants out of fear of ramifications. If they love and fear him, then they will do what he wants out of love and respect first, and out of fear second. Let me try to use a different analogy for God... God, in most peoples' eyes, is like a good parent. A good parent uses 2 parts love and 1 part discipline to ensure people lead a good life. 1 part love is unconditional. God loves you unconditionally, because you are his creation. (Just as a parent loves their child unconditionally). 1 part love is for positive reinforcement. God shows you love to reward your good behavior. This is what most folks call "blessings", "miracles", etc. Parents do the same with them children; give them hugs when they succeed. 1 part discipline is used for negative reinforcement. God punishes people when they've been bad. Parents do the same to children. Now, most people will follow a Godly life simply because they respect and love God due to 1 part unconditional love, and 1 part positive reinforcement. If that doesn't work then they fear the 1 part discipline. However, what's "blessing" and "punishment" from God is subjective. Different religions, and even individuals, may see something as a blessing while others see it as a curse. Everyone can see whatever they want into something. When a mother hugs a child, it's pretty tangible that it's a hug. But, when a person finds $5 on the street is that a blessing? What if it just enables them to do something bad? I think the better way to look at God is that he gives people chances. The $5 is an opportunity. How the person chooses to use that opportunity dictates whether it's a "blessing" or "curse".

Get a lawyer and let him sort this mess out.

call your insurance company