Projectile motion questions - thank you!?

Hi! Just doing some practice problems and can't seem to derive the right answer. If you could show your steps and the final answer I'd immensely appreciate it! Thanks! 1. A stone is thrown horizontally from the top of a 41 m hill. It strikes the ground at an angle of 11o. With what speed was it... show more Hi! Just doing some practice problems and can't seem to derive the right answer. If you could show your steps and the final answer I'd immensely appreciate it! Thanks!

1. A stone is thrown horizontally from the top of a 41 m hill. It strikes the ground at an angle of 11o. With what speed was it thrown?

2. A large cannon is fired from ground level over level ground at an angle of 79o above the horizontal. This initial speed is 993 m/s. Neglecting air resistance, how far will the projectile travel in the horizontal direction before striking the ground?