How many *regular* stamps do I need to mail to Iraq?

Hi, I want to start mailing just plain ol' letters to my friends in Iraq. Regular envelope and everything. I have read other questions that mention first class stamps, but I want to know if I can use normal stamps? If so, how many normal stamps do I need?

I went to the USPS website, and it said it would cost like 98 cents, but didn't tell me stamp wise. :( Lol. Thanks!

Yes, he is in the military.. So the address he gave me will only require one stamp? Good to know!

Favorite Answer

If the address is APO, "Army Post Office" then it is ljust like domestic mail. One stamp will do the job.

First class stamps are normal stamps, and you would need 98 cents worth.

Edit: If your friends are military, then it would only take one first class stamp, 44 cents.

Is this to someone in the military? If so just one stamp will do. It will go straight to military base then its taken over by the military. Its not actually mailed straight to iraq...also if military related..check out motomail. :)