Analea asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Alabama football????

Just curious how many people like tide football?

Kick Bama out of the SEC? Auburn hasn't a National Championship since my grandaddy was 5, what a joke.

Favorite Answer

I am about the only regular Bama fan on this site. Lol...

Norry..

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/alabam...

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/auburn...

Auburn has only finished the season at #1 once in the history of the AU program. 8 National Titles my azz! Though, I will admit that they might have been hosed in '04, the argument is that USC was pretty bad azz that year.

Source(s): Roll Tide!
  • I'm an Auburn fan. I hate Alabama. And as for national championships, here's how I look at it.

If Auburn has 1 title, Bama has 6 or 7.

If Alabama has 12 titles, Auburn has 8, including 2004. Auburn doesn't recognize non-BCS or non-AP titles like Alabama does. If Bama fans insist they have 12, then by god, we Auburn Tigers have 8 National Championships.

To the Auburn fan who said to kick Bama out of the SEC: Why? They've done nothing but good (most of the time) for the SEC. I hate to say it, but the SEC wouldn't be as fun without the Bammers.

Source(s): 1910, 1913, 1914, 1957, 1958, 1983, 1993, 2004 champions. See ya in Auburn! *November 27th, Jordan-Hare Stadium, 1:30 PM, CBS*

Alabama is one of maybe 10 elite college programs. By that I mean that college football is better as a whole when 'Bama is successful. Other elite programs (by my definition) are Michigan, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Miami, Florida State, Texas, and USC. Penn State may also be in that group. The point is that whether you like it or not college football is more interesting when these schools are in the mix for the MNC.

I enjoy 'Bama football. I was a Gene Stallings fan and I guess he was the last coach prior to Saban that had 'Bama in the mix. Gene Stallings was (I guess still is) one of the best men to ever represent college football and all 'Bama fans should honor and respect him.

As a Florida fan I must thank 'Bama for canning Mike Shula which was the deciding factor for Tim Tebow to choose Florida. Tim was all set to play for Coach Shula but the buffoons with money that control the 'Bama program were so bent out of shape because Auburn won that they had to fire Shula. Tebow chose Gainesville and Alabama was stuck with a retarded game against FSU in Jacksonville. Awesome!

Dumb Question.

Bama does have a rich tradition, but many of these titles are just silly.

Fact: Up until sometime int he 60's, National Champions were declared BEFORE Bowl Games.

Bama claims titles for 1925, 1926, and 1930. No such titles were awarded. Bama claimed these titles YEARS after the fact. Numerous other teams could also claim a 'national' title for that year. It's just funny that Bama actually claims those!

1934--Bama got 11 votes to Minnesota's 29 votes. Hmmm... Still get to call it a title?

1941--Bama had 2 losses and finished #20 in the AP poll, yet decided to claim this as a National title years after the fact. I'm laughing out loud at this point of embellishment!

1961--BAMA NATIONAL CHAMPS, fo real!

1964--Arkansas was 11-0 and beat Texas in the regular season. Alabama went 10-1 and lost to Texas in the Orange Bowl. But Alabama won the title due to a vote BEFORE the Orange Bowl. It's BS, but that WAS the rules at the time, so you have to admit that this title is begrudgingly accurate.

1965--long story, but yes, Bama got this one too.. actually, they shared it.

1973--the UPI chooses it's national champ before the big game between undefeated Alabama and Notre Dame. Notre Dame wins the AP, but Alabama still holds on to it claim as the UPI national champ even though it lost to the real national champ. sad... just sad...

1978--Bama shared it with USC. Funny though, Bama LOST to USC during the regular season.

1979--Great game, great Title!

1992--Bama's only modern day championship, a complete dismantling of Miami and no doubt here.

To be fair, Bama has 6 real championships. Yes, some of them are pretty shaking, but rules were rules, so they have six.

Auburn claims one National Title. If Auburn were to use the same methods for determining how many titles they claim as Bama though (back-dated titles, votes by small or inferior selectors), they would claim 7 titles. 1910, 1913, 1914, 1957, 1983, 1993, 2004.

Kicking Bama out of SEC? Dumb comment...

Auburn is a joke? again, dumb comment. Bama got drummed 6 years in a row and now they finally made it out of their hole. Now it's Auburn's turn to be in a hole for a while.

Guess what... Bama is not Bama without Auburn! Auburn is not Auburn without Bama! They need each other and they need each other to field respectable teams!

Good team and great history. Can't really say anything bad though, they embarrassed my Dawgs in Athens this past year. The 2007 game was pretty fun.

I forget who is better, Alabama or Auburn?

Fidel and I watch it at the sports bar in Camaguey.

Screw those turds.We should kick them out of the SEC!

Source(s): Go Auburn!!!.Hell go Vols,Arky,anyone but those lousy bammers!

I like the detergent better.

Not me, I'm an Auburn fan. WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!