What is that 80's movie with the girl who blossoms into a young lady...?!?

I think she was an awkward preteen (I mean with braces and glasses and pimples and etc) and didn't have a mother.. and I think in the end there's a scene where she walks down the stairs and she's all made up with a white dress and the father is amazed that she is grown up now... Or maybe something about being a tough girl like she used to wear leather and things? .. any ideas??? thanks it's driving me bonkers

Favorite Answer

She's Out of Control (1989)

starring Ami Dolenz, Tony Danza, Catherine Hicks, Wallace Shawn, Dana Ashbrook, Matthew Perry

IMDb synopsis:

Doug Simpson lives alone with his two daughters, Katie and Bonnie. Katie has just turned 15, and, when Doug is out of town on a business trip, she goes to a beauty parlor for full treatment. Further, her braces are removed, and she no longer wears her glasses. Suddenly, she is a beautiful young woman, and the boys are lining up outside the front door to date her~much to Doug's displeasure and alarm.

Here's the makeover, with her entrance at about 3:30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DWoYzpdbHo

Youtube thumbnail

preety in pink?

16 candels

either way molly wringwaall

maybe grease?

~songwriter