Stupid Question? Never learned how to wear eyeshadow?

Im 15, have hazel eyes, light skin, long hair if that helps?

Okay so i wear a lot of eye liner and mascara but no eyeshadow? I just never tried it and i want to learn how??

My avatar has green eyes because my eyes look more green than brown

Favorite Answer

Depends on what you are looking for. You Tube Eye Shadow tutorial and there is a bunch of videos on different eye shadow applications. Usually you do a sheer light neutral colour over your whole lid section to brow, then a dark colour on just your lid, the medium colour in the middle, and the light colour at the top under the brow and blend them in as you go. Good Luck!

Always remember less is more. You 'll look better with LESS makeup period. Don't make the mistake of applying too much mascara or eye liner either. If you can, just use mascara and then a brush to smear it under your eyes a bit for that smoky look. As for eye shadow just nothing too harsh like blue and green and purple. Try a nice light brown color, or dull yellow. And when you put it on, take a soft cloth and wipe the excess off. Always blend.

Depends. Green and brown look fantastic with hazel eyes. So, all you do is start from the lashes, to the eyebrows, just cover your whole eye lid. It's easy. Or you can take a light, and dark color, do the whole-lid thing with the light color, and put on the dark color on below the fold of your lid. Why does your avatar have green eyes?

Hmm, I'm light skinned too and have never worn much eyeshadow. I find it can look like a lot of makeup on light skin tones like us, so I usually stick to eyeliner and mascara myself. Youtube can have some helpful tutorials, if you're interested... I just watched one on paperlilies the channel on how to do a smokey purple eye.

It's not that hard just buy some and experiment. I can give you some tips. Use lighter colors right underneath the eyebrow to highlight the arch. Use darker colors in the crease of the lid and right along the lash-line to accentuate depth and shape. Use medium/lighter colors on the actual lid and toward the inner corner of the eyelid. Blend and don't put on too much!

For hazel eyes I recommend a sparkly gold color. It will fit your eyes wonderfully. However, wear what looks best with your outfit to bring out hidden colors. If you're wearing a shirt with a lot of pink and a little light blue, then put on a little bit of light blue eyeshadow. You don't want to wear too much of one color.

Also, don't put on a ton of eyeshdow. Just put a fair amount on to cover your eyelids and then go just a tiny bit over your eyelid with it. Never go up to your eyebrows!! =)

• hazel/brown eyes = darker shadow colour

go for browns/golds/greens

its easy

just find a good eye shadow wand/brush

start from the corner of your eye and sweep across lid

blend evenly

put the shadow up to your browbone,

but leave the browbone itself alone

using a primer - like the urban decay potion is a good idea keeps it on longer

you'll get used to putting it on experiment and mix different colours/ blend them together =]

• Okay so you just swirl your brush over the eyeshadow and apply to eyelid in smooth strokes. When you're done, rub your finger gently around the edges so it looks smooth and even. Good luck!

Source(s): I wear eyeshadow a lot.

it hella easy... get the color you like and put it on all the way to the crease

use a small eyeshadow brush that is soft

p.s. there are no stupid questions

use grays, bronze, and light smokey browns. don't use those crappy eyeshadow appliers that come with it. get a small application brush and use that to apply a light amount of eyeshadow