Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Local BusinessesUnited StatesBoston · 1 decade ago

Places to shop in Waltham, Ma.?

I am moving soon to Waltham, and I want to know if there are really good stores to buy items to decorate my room? Any mall? Or store where I can simply find everything? If not, would it be better to go to Boston?(being last resort)

I am moving there for college. Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

Hm, I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for. Are you moving there for college? I lived there my whole live and have since moved north, but I know just about everything there is to know about shopping in and near waltham. Where are you coming from?

Anyway, if you don't want to spend a zillion dollars, don't go into boston. There's a Target and a Bed Bath and Beyond in Watertown, about 2 miles down the road on Main street if you at that end of town. If you're on the north side, there's a TJ Maxx on Lexington street. If you want more specialty items, just walk along moody street. There are thrift stores and little eccentric shops that have tons of things to decorate your room. There's one in particular, about halfway down Moody, right next to Lizzy's ice cream (which is the BEST ice cream in Waltham), I forget what it's called but it sells the cutest things to decorate your room or house.

Up about .. IDK, 7 miles north on I-95 (128), exit 32B Theres the Burlington Mall that has every store you could ever need (you know, Macys, Sears, I think there's even a JC Penny now, Nordstrom, and all the other common mall stores you can think of (http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=146)

There's also a Kohls across the street from the mall, a Newbury Comics if you're into that sort of thing, an Old Navy down the street, a Barnes and Noble across the street and a craft store called Joanne Fabrics if you'd rather make your own decorations.

Again.. don't go to Boston for these sorts of things, It's a waste of time (don't even try driving in IF you do go, take the T), and a huge waste of money.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, and have fun!!

Source(s): Lived in Waltham my whole life, moved out 1 year ago.