Ken K asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

I am Having DIFFICULT Trouble installing Wireless LAN Driver Update, Need Help?

*FOR EXPERIENCED PEOPLE ONLY*

PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER THIS JUST FOR POINTS.

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOUR JUST GOING TO POST SOMETHING STUPID.

I am trying to update my Wireless LAN Driver because, my Computer wont let me use my Wireless LAN connection anymore. I know this because whenever I go to Start>Connect to> it does not show the "Wireless Connection" tab anymore. And I guess Im suppose to update a driver in order to do so again.

But I am having trouble because when I downloaded the update,and in order for me to update it, It asked me to go to "Device Manger>Network Adapters and to right click 'Ethernet Controller' or the device you want to update, then select Update and etc..."

The thing is, I cannot find "Ethernet Controller" anywhere in the Network Adapters Tab. I only see

-Network Adapters

[Some picture] 1934 Net Adapter

[Some Picture] Intel(R) 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection

I do not know where to install the Update which is making it impossible for me to do so.

Is it telling me to update

"Intel(R) 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection"?

If i update 'Intel(R) 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection' with the wireless LAN update will it screw up my computer??????

am i missing something vital?

where must I go to update?

do I need an update or do I need install something else?

I have an HP m7674n PC on Windows XP.

there are no cards that I know of nor in the beggining when my wireless connection did work so i dont think it has anything to do with HARDWARE... And there are no Yellow "!"...

• SKJA
    Favorite Answer

With what you have posted above there is no wireless card installed on your computer. Updating your ethernet controller will make no difference to your wireless network and already in your device manager your ethernet controller is showing.

How are you trying to connect wirelessly is it a usb wireless hub installed or a wireless pci card in either case you need to go to the manufacturers website of the wireless device and download the appropriate driver. What you have at the moment under network adapters is a firewire port and an ethernet port. If you have a yellow question mark under unknown deivces then this could be the hardware you are referring to.

Edit or repost your answer once you work out what wireless hardware you are using then people might be able to help.

I found an easier way to find/update drivers, site called DriverAgent.com... download small file, does quick scan, tells you what you're missing... for $39.95 it does the updating. App is good for a year's worth of updates... simple/easy, worked like a charm... good luck

Source(s): www.driveragent.com

I DONT KNOW

I DONT KNOW

I DONT KNOW

I DONT KNOW

I DONT KNOW

I DONT KNOW

HEHEHEHEHE

GOOD LUK

HEHEHEHEHE