J_Lopez5 asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Dodgers VS. Red Sox who would win?

im a dodger fan but i would like to know how cool it would be if the dodgers played the red sox in the World Series. Manny Rameriz former red sox, Joe Torre going vs th sox again (this time with the Dodgers), and who would win in how many games

Favorite Answer

The Dodgers are the better team plain and simple. Red Sox fans can cry about their division and what not but the NL West and bad. The Rockies and Giants especially of late have been pretty darn good while the Padres and Diamond Backs are never a push up against their most hated rivals in the City of Angles.

So in a 3 game series or a 7 game series the Dodger would win. They have the better offense, bullpen, fielding, maybe not starting pitching but LA isnt far behind.

Especially if Jason Schmidt can return to his Cy Yound days this Dodger team will be even more dangerous than ever.

While the Red Sox really have nothing special behind Beckett. I guess you could argue Lester, but Ill take the lefty Kershaw over any lefty in the game.

You put the Dodger in the AL East they still come out on top so I dont want to hear any of this division garbage. The Dodger are the best team in the league and have been because of a total team effort that doesnt revlove around Manny. I wonder if Boston fans still think Bay is better than Manny(Bay hitting about .250 nowdays).

Dodger>Red Sox

The stars are aligned for the Dodgers this season it's their turn to win. The Red Sox have won enough championships, sure they have talent but the Dodgers have destiny on their side.

Besides, Manny will be licking his chops if LA had to face Boston.

The Dodgers play in the toughest division in the NL just like the Sox in their league, just look at the standings and stats. Nobody is having it easy.

I'm tired of people saying the NL West is a weak division! The 2 fighting teams for the wild card are in the WEST! It would be a close game, probably decided in 6 games. Sox probably have better starting pitching, but the Dodgers have the edge with relief and offense. I would put my money on the Dodgers for sure. 21 years is plenty due...

The Dodgers play at a field thats bigger than a sand box. They have the talent on offense that the Red Sox pitching wouldnt be able to handle. And the Dodgers second best pitching in the league would stop the Red Sox pretty good offense.

The Red Sox because they have stronger starting pitching. Josh Beckett and Jon Lester would be the indisputable Number 1 and Number 2 starters for the Dodgers if those two played in L.A. right now. The Red Sox also have a better bullpen. Gotta go with the Sox on this one.

Red Sox would win hands down! My whole family are Dodger fans except for me, I'm a Red Sox fan and we always talk about that. I think with Red Sox pitching[Josh Beckett, Jonathan Papelbon] will dominate the Dodgers like Manny Ramirez, Andre Eithier and Russel Martin!

Source(s): Red Sox fan!! [=

Sox pitching is better if the dodgers get doc they might win it all

the dodgers are a great team, but lets face it the red sox would be doing much better in their division. Instead they face the yankees, rays, orioles, and blue jays, all great teams that look like crap since they have to be in the toughest division. The dodgers have to face colorado, san francisco, and san diego, some good talent in there but a lot of teams that wont make the playoffs this year would get in if they were in that division. The Red Sox would definately win the series, pitching wins championships and they have tons of it.

Going with how amazing The dodgers are PERIOD... Lol ima say them. Plus they've done GREAT.

I think it might be close though with us being #1 in the NL and them being #1 in the AL. Were still winning though

Source(s): Dodger fan!

Red Sox in six games, unless they get Halladay; then it could be five.