Does thinking really account for 20-30% of your daily calories burned?

Update: LOL (((((warrior soul)))))
Update 2: Hello dear Chris B, I found other sites too...but I agree with you. It doesn't really make sense if you think about an athlete for example. Perhaps it makes more sense if you take into account the sedentary folks...those who don't work out on a daily basis. I really have no idea though. The... show more Hello dear Chris B,

I found other sites too...but I agree with you. It doesn't really make sense if you think about an athlete for example. Perhaps it makes more sense if you take into account the sedentary folks...those who don't work out on a daily basis. I really have no idea though.

The reason I even came up with this question was because I asked a question about a week ago (I think so) and someone from the bio section informed that our brain uses that many calories (20%+) so I thought I would ask and see what I found out. :)