pjrox33 asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

The Irish Hand Grenade/marcus davis?

has marcus davis ever held or had a chance at the welterweight belt or any other belt. I mean he is 21-6 so i assume he has had a shot. But who against and what was the outcome.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

he did not get ko'd in his last fight against dan hardy...it was a pretty controversial decision in favor of Hardy...

I think the reason for him not getting a shot at the title in his career thus far, is for simply his record...

he seems to go on a good win streak of 3 or 4 wins, then he loses a match...streaky...unfortunately won't get you a title shot...

Source(s): a fan of the Irish Hand Grenade
  • JSatt
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He's 8-2 in the UFC, but hasn't really beat any top contenders in the WW divisions. He fought Mike Swick and lost about a year ago, and that's really the only fight he's had against a top WW in the UFC. All of his other fights (totaling a 13-4 record) were in a variety of smaller shows.

Record alone isn't enough to get a fighter a title shot. He's also has to beat a couple of top contenders to get into the title picture.

• Hombre
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

No he's never gotten a title shot. He's seen as more of a gatekeeper than a contender. And he lost his last fight by a close decision not a knockout.

• 1 decade ago

"The Plastic Paddy" just cannot break into the top five.

Too many holes in his game, unbelievable chin though.

I have him at 16-5, no titles.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

hes a pretty good fighter, but hes never got a chance at the tittle. i think he got knocked out in his last fight so, yeah there ya go

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he's not a top contender and hasnt really fought any

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.