Could graphic designers live anywhere?

For example, if I lived in a place like Atlanta, would I be able to do work in San Francisco? Is there a way you could do design via internet? Odd question and kind of a reach, but just curious!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Matt
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some companies do hire off-site designers who can work from home across town or across the country. It's pretty rare though because it's not a very efficient way for a company to be run.

Source(s): Graphic Designer - 7 years
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can easily do design from another city. Although it does benefit to be able to meet personally with a client, the job can be done through email and telephone.

This can greatly benefit a designer, especially if you're in a smaller town with less job opportunities.

There are many advantages to stay local though. That way you can advertise through posters ect. and awareness of your services can spread by word of mouth more easily.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, register with 99designs (or a site like that) and you could earn money by doing good design work (assuming your design gets picked). I've paid for designers that actually lived in different countries.

Source(s): personal experience
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i have heard that they will soon be hording all of you graphic designers into small towns somewhere. so nope.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Paul R
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Do what you want, where you want. I'm sure you can figure out the details.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.