How can i get better eyesight?

i wear glasses and i don't like wearing them. is there a way that i can get clear vision or enough to see great without glasses. Please help me. i don't want to do surgery or get contacts. i want to get better eyesight by eating certain types of food or doing exercises. please tell me how long i have to do the exercises or eat the food (for a year, a month, etc.) (ex.roll your eyes every thirty minutes) and please tell me how much or how many times i have to eat the food or do the exercises (ex.carrot eat two a day). Thank you. if it really helps then i will pick it as the best answer. :]

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To ensure your eyesight is in optimum condition you need to consume these foods and vitamins.

Vitamin A - Vitamin A also known as retinol, occurs naturally in animals. This Vitamin keeps the skin healthy and helps produce mucous secretions to build resistance to infection. If you don't consume enough vitamin A you can end up with a condition known as Nyctalopia (Night Blindness). Night blindness is the inability to of the eye to adapt to dim light, sufferers can see in the day, but have trouble seeing in the dark or faint light.

People who don't consume enough Vitamin A may also go on to develop a condition called Xerophthalmia (Greek for dry eyes). This condition makes the surface of the eye become dry and likely to develop infection.

Vitamin A - Vitamin A can be found in plants with carotenes, the body converts these into Vitamin A. Carotenes can be found in carrots, cabbage and lettuce. Vitamin A can also be found in green and yellow vegetables, butter, eggs, fish liver oils, liver, milk and sweet potatoes.

Another good Vitamin to improve eyesight is a Vitamin called B2

Vitamin B2 - Vitamin B2. Vitamin B2 is also known as Riboflavin. It is needed for growth and for healthy skin and eyes. Vitamin B2 can be found in the following foods. Green vegetables, poultry, fish, liver, cheese and milk.

The last of the Vitamins to improve eyesight will be looking is called Niacin

Niacin - Niacin is also known as nicotinic acid. This Vitamin is essential for for growth and for health tissues. Without Niacin, Riboflavin cannot function properly so in that respect it is quite essential. Niacin can be found in liver, yeast, lean meat, whole-grain and enriched breads and cereals.

As you can see, consuming foods and vitamins to improve your eyesight is not difficult. The vitamins a re found in common foods and sometimes you can get all of these vitamins from one single food i.e. liver appears in all the lists for the 3 different vitamins.

Let just quickly recap the 3 Vitamins.

Vitamin A is also known as Retinol, it stops you from getting Night Blindness and Xerophthalmia.

Vitamin B2 is also known as Riboflavin and it is essential for health eyes.

Niacin is also known as nictonic acid, and without it Vitamin B2 cannot function properly

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pamela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Improve Your Eyesight Naturally

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Secrets To Improve Vision - http://ImproveEyesight.uzaev.com/?COzQ
  • 5 years ago

I have problems with the glare at night, also, and was wondering about those HD glasses. Thanks, Blumoon!

Do you wear contact lenses? If so, maybe you need your lenses changed, or ultrasounded. If the solution you are using disagrees with your eye chemistry, it can put a haze around all lights at night, so you might try changing the solution if you see these halos. This happens to me if I use solutions containing buffers.

I never had any problem with car headlights, until they invented halogen beams! In this area, they have also stopped using reflective paint on the lines, so when they are wet they are invisible. I swear, this is not just me getting older.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Better eyesight.

• 1 decade ago

If you practice changing the focus of your eyes for a couple of consecutive minutes a day for a few months you have a good chance of getting better eye sight this only works about 80% of the time so doctors don't see it as a legitimate option yet. Line up a few objects in a row and look from one object to the next without moving your head.

Source(s): some article in a journal
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Might help: Foods rich in vitamin C, carrots, pumpkin. Drink water. Keep away from Caffeine. Go to walmart and buy the Lutein vitamin. Good for the eyes. Wear sunglasses at day outdoor events. Don't over read books. Rest your eyes. And don't rub your eyes!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Carrots are good for your eyes, but you can't cure bad eyesight without any proper medical procedures. The only way to get clear vision without glasses and contacts is laser eye surgery.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

eat alot of carrots! they're said to be amazing for improving vision plus they're tasty :) im not sure exactly how many carrots for how long but if you eat like 1000 a day or some ridiculous amount like that careful because ur skin WILL start turning orange

• 1 decade ago

Nothing you can do will change it. If your parents (mom or dad, or mom and dad) wore glasses when they were young, well, you will (already do), too.

Contacts, yes, but NOT surgery. You're far too young for eye surgery because you're still growing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.