Why do some people seriously believe a 2 year County College degree is better than a 4 year University degree?

I got to Rutgers University in New Jersey and have alot of friends who go to a local county college. They always say its a waste of time to go to school for 4 years when they can go for 2. They believe they will somehow make more money with a degree from county college than somebody who has a degree from a 4 year... show more I got to Rutgers University in New Jersey and have alot of friends who go to a local county college. They always say its a waste of time to go to school for 4 years when they can go for 2. They believe they will somehow make more money with a degree from county college than somebody who has a degree from a 4 year university. I may be wrong in some sense but I thought that was a reason why many people go to a 4 year university after they finish county college

I dont believe it but Im wondering why so many county college students think that.