Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What are the best Graham Greene novels?

I'm reading 'The Quiet American' and it is great. What other novels of his are worth a read?

Favorite Answer

Because you spend so much time in R&S you might like "The Power and the Glory," or "The Heart of the Matter," because the have explicit religious themes.

Most reports and reviews of Greene's life refer to this Russian roulette "rumour". In fact it is pruported that the essay "The Revolver in the Corner Cupboard" is about his experimentation with this "game". It seems like a lot of the information is based on Greene's claims he did this. I could not find any confirmed verifications by anyone else who had actually witnessed it. Opinions vary as to why he was motivated to do this - depression, boredom, experimentation. However, Michael Sheldens biography discredits Greene's own claims that he did play Russian Roulette though so it is quite difficult to answer your question.

Never heard of Graham Green but I am now going to check him out and see!

I loved The Heart of The Matter; I would certainly recommend that.