How do you get a job with the United States Postal Services?

I have been trying to get a job with the USPS for a while and I paid $130.00 through Testing Authority Inc. I have looked at it on the internet and there are lots of websites that says its a rip off.

I would really like to get a postal job but I have no idea on how.

Any help is appreciated.

I have the study book for the 473 exam, And ordered it through

Favorite Answer

My mother in law works for the postal service. You have to wait until they are hiring and when they do, there is a website they will give you (on a paper in your local post office, depending on what post office they are hiring for) to go on to and apply. Then you get in the mail a date that you can go take the test. Then they call you in depending on the score of your test (highest to lowest capping out at 80% I think). Those places like Testing Authority are a rip off. You can buy the 473 exam book and just study it from there. I got a book I wanna say for $15? I went threw the process but never went to take the test.

Good Luck!

You have to take the Civil Service exam. Go to the post office and ask where and when the next one will be given.