Since Elvis is the King of Rock, why isn't there a Queen?

Elvis is the King of Rock! Don't you think there should also be a Queen of Rock? If so, who should it be?

And it shouldn't be the rock group Queen! It should be a woman!

• Racer
    Favorite Answer

I don't think any one woman has come along with enough popularity to assume the title of Queen of Rock.

Perhaps the day will come when we shall have our Queen!

Many years ago, the entertainment media called Elvis "King of Rock." I would figure "queen" connotes womanhood, so...find a woman who had the most number one hits and sold the most solo "rock" songs/albums (not soul, rap, pop or diva) the last 40-55 years, and that would be your answer. The Queen would probably be a senior over age 50, too, just like Elvis and MJ.

I dont accept as true with Elvis Preisley being the king of rock and roll, i individually think of Queen have been the kings of rock, yet then thats your man or woman pprefrence i think. As for queen of rock i dont think of there is one, no longer yet besides.

Priscilla Wagner, AKA Priscilla Presley. Makes sense if you marry the king of rock you become the queen of rock.

I already answered this twice within the last 3 weeks.

So, yep, I'm going to recycle my answer again!

I'm going to break this down a little...

Queen of Rock : Stevie Nicks

Current contender for the crown : Candice Night

Queen of Blues-Rock {British} : Maggie Bell

Queen of Blues-Rock {US} : Janis Joplin

Queen of Folk-Rock : Sandy Denny

Queen of Soul-Rock : Tina Turner

Freddie mercury was and still is the 'queen' of rock,but if you're desperate for a female i would say janis joplin,pat benatar or joan jett.

I would pick Ann Wilson of Heart

or maybe Tina Turner

If you mean R&R,then, as Wanda Jackson's the Queen of Rockabilly,then she's probably the best contender,then Brenda Lee.

• No woman yet has become Elvis' female equivalent. He was just that amazing.