Since Elvis is the King of Rock, why isn't there a Queen?

Elvis is the King of Rock! Don't you think there should also be a Queen of Rock? If so, who should it be?

And it shouldn't be the rock group Queen! It should be a woman!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Racer
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think any one woman has come along with enough popularity to assume the title of Queen of Rock.

Perhaps the day will come when we shall have our Queen!

• 1 decade ago

Many years ago, the entertainment media called Elvis "King of Rock." I would figure "queen" connotes womanhood, so...find a woman who had the most number one hits and sold the most solo "rock" songs/albums (not soul, rap, pop or diva) the last 40-55 years, and that would be your answer. The Queen would probably be a senior over age 50, too, just like Elvis and MJ.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I dont accept as true with Elvis Preisley being the king of rock and roll, i individually think of Queen have been the kings of rock, yet then thats your man or woman pprefrence i think. As for queen of rock i dont think of there is one, no longer yet besides.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Priscilla Wagner, AKA Priscilla Presley. Makes sense if you marry the king of rock you become the queen of rock.

• 1 decade ago

I already answered this twice within the last 3 weeks.

So, yep, I'm going to recycle my answer again!

I'm going to break this down a little...

Queen of Rock : Stevie Nicks

Current contender for the crown : Candice Night

Queen of Blues-Rock {British} : Maggie Bell

Queen of Blues-Rock {US} : Janis Joplin

Queen of Folk-Rock : Sandy Denny

Queen of Soul-Rock : Tina Turner

• 1 decade ago

Freddie mercury was and still is the 'queen' of rock,but if you're desperate for a female i would say janis joplin,pat benatar or joan jett.

• 1 decade ago

I would pick Ann Wilson of Heart

or maybe Tina Turner

• 1 decade ago

If you mean R&R,then, as Wanda Jackson's the Queen of Rockabilly,then she's probably the best contender,then Brenda Lee.

• No woman yet has become Elvis' female equivalent. He was just that amazing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.