spc to pfc 8 months later can they do that?

I was demoted to PFC in NOV 08 and its 8 months later and im still a PFC. I have no Flag but they keep telling me that im not ready to be promoted. Would this be an IG complaint or something I can solve myself

Best Answer

You have no grounds... Do the best you can do at everything you do. Take some college course (if you can), learn rules and regulations... then after 12 months, talk with your platoon sgt.

Source(s): U.S.Army Disabled Veteran 19K20 M1A1 Abrams Heavy MBT 1990-1996

I think it is crazy how you are the one that was demoted, yet you're so quick to run to IG 8 months later. How about accepting responsibility for you actions and Soldier up. Nothing is guaranteed and they will promote you when they feel you should be promoted. That's the way it works. The person who demoted you is likely the person that will need to sign off on promoting you. You have now created a bad taste in their mouth. It will take some time for you to be promoted again. Keep your nose and be at the right place, at the right time, in the proper uniform.

Source(s): US Army SSG
  • Sara T

First off you got demoted for reason. You apparently are aware for an article 15 would have been given for you to review, sign and or refuse to sign and write comments to. Why would you think IG complaint? That's odd to throw in there. You know, you have to earn those promotions, there are not just handed out because you breath. Sorry, but my daughter is in the military and my spouse is retired military and had either done something that got them demoted they would have feared me more than the firing squad.

you only get promoted from E3 to E4 in 8 months with a waiver, your command does not have to give you a waver. go to the IG if you want but then you definately won't get promoted and you will be known by the unit as a trouble maker. take your lumps and move on. that is my advice

• HDH

They don't HAVE to promote you, man. You can solve it yourself by acting motivated, disciplined, and eager to take on any extra work that needs done around the company. Assist the armorer or volunteer for ammo guard out on exercises, things like that.

Source(s): Six years in the Army

One of the things my 1SG hates the most is people coming to him, demanding that they should be promoted. A promotion is an honor, you have to earn it. It you begin to complain about not being promoted, it will only take longer for it to happen. Remember, it is easier to move down the chain, then to move up.

Complain all you want.

There are no automatic promotions.

Your Commander must approve all promotions.

You act like you have a right to be promoted at the minimum time in grade needed.

You don't.

• J B

Quit whining. It takes 12 months before they should even THINK about giving it back. Maybe you should try to shape up and prove to them that you have EARNED your promotion.

• USNS

If you got demoted, chances are you earned it and you deserve to stay there for awhile longer.

You can't be trusted with rank and responsibility, clearly.

What did you do to get knocked down? There may be a stipulation for certain offenses.... you can always have JAG look into it...