*Rdan asked in TravelIrelandOther - Ireland · 1 decade ago

Where to study abroad in Ireland?

Hi! I am planning on studying abroad in Ireland in Fall 2010.I am an Accounting major, if that matters. I have my choices narrowed down to Galway, Limerick, and Dublin. Please give me your opinion, biased or not! Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

Defo go to UCD (University College Dublin) or TCD (Trinity College Dublin)

Both are in Dublin...

The night life in both Universities are really good. There's always something happening in UCD and there's a great laid-back attitude about the place.

TCD is right in the city centre (which is a plus) but I have lots of friends there and the temptation to ditch lectures and go shopping is quite strong!

UCD isnt in the city centre. But its only a 15 min bus ride away and its kind of in a world of its own. LOTS of clubs and societies to join as well as restaurants/shops/bars and sporting facilities.

You should find out a bit more about what each Uni offers in relation to what you want to study. I honestly don't think you'd be disappointed with either choice.

Im just finished first year of UCD and I met lots of foreign students who just loved it here.

Both TCD and UCD are top notch Universities though. You'll have a great experience!

xxxx

EDIT!

lol

For god's sake Orla...are you a student?

I get pretty good grades in college.

And I go out a lot. Most people do.

Its not all work and no play. You just have to be willing to play both sides.

http://www.ucd.ie/

http://www.tcd.ie/

Source(s): I'm a UCD student!

Galway. its an amazing city and not nearly as expensive as Dublin or Limerick.

Plus iv heard good things about the college.

I'm planning to study in Ireland at the same time as you, some of my friends been studying in NUI in Galway and they liked it very much, so I think about it as my first priority, it's in the beautiful place, near the ocean, and is know as one of the best universities in Ireland, Dublin's uni's aren't bad too, but I wouldn't want to study in Limerick, heard some bad thinks about it.

First of all, it's actually called autumn here.

Second, I recommend Trinity College in Dublin, can't beat it, also because a lot of US tourists seem attracted to it.

• Orla C

Be prepared to actually study. This is not America.