Marfan Syndrome + Shortened Life Span?

I've read that this syndrome can cut down your life span, but I was wondering if anyone knew by how much ?

For example, if someone in their early 20s was diagnosed with it, but only with 2 leaky heart valves and their aorta looked fine (from ecg) what would the expected life span be ? (if any change assuming no other major illnesses / incidents)

Edit : I will be asking a doctor tomorrow I was just thinking of it and wondered if anyone had a temporary answer :)

• JLM
    Favorite Answer

I do not know - but a good Cardiologist should. But be sure to factor in all of the other variables, like, smoking, drinking, stress levels, exercise, weight control, etc. Also it is very possible to repair valves should they get too leaky.

Look, people try to give you a death date, but they cant. My aunt was told she had 1 yr to live, that was 5 years ago and shes still holding on. NO ONE can put a limit on you, if you take care of yourself and look on the bright side, you will be no different from anyone else. You could live to 80, or get hit by a bus tomorrow. Theres proof thats its not the disease that kills, but the loss of will to live.

talk to a doctor