RD asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

J.A. Happ rookie of the year?

Is J.A. Happ a lock for rookie of the year? and if he continues pitching the way he does, will he have a shot at the NL Cy Young?

Favorite Answer

Sandoval is not a rookie. Colby Rasmus is ROTY, and Happ isn't in the discussion for Cy Young.

Source(s): Good luck to all teams!

No shot at the Cy Young, but I will give you that he has a shot at the rookie of the year. Right now, however, Colby Rasmus is probably in the lead for Rookie of the Year. Go look at Happ's stats compared to all the other pitchers. If you don't finish at the top in wins and ERA, you are not going to win the Cy Young.

Pablo Sandoval IS NOT a rookie.

Unless J.A. Happ keeps it, I think Andrew McCutchen is the Rookie of the Year.

He reminds me Ben McDonald of the Orioles in 1990, some guy who started 5-0, then "balanced" things 5-4 and finished 8-5. Sandy Alomar won unanimously the ROY that season.

Colby Rasmus is the front runner for the ROTY award at this point in time. If Happ can win 6 or more games before the season is over then I can see him having a great chance of winning it. NL Cy Young? Odds are slim but he has an outside chance if he can string afew good winning streaks.

The race is between Colby Rasmus how is having a breakout year and J.A Happ. I think it will go to Rasmus though.

NL rookie of the year- Happ or Rasmus

AL rookie of the year- Beckham (if he keeps it up) or Reimold

idk why everyone thinks rasmus is so great he has 11 homers which is ok and a 270 BA which is poor unless you are a power hitter

Happ has teh best shot cause he is 7-0 with a 2.68 ERA also he has pitched a shut out

Source(s): mlb.com
  • ja77

Pablo Sandoval- Giants. BA- .331, 15 HR, 55 RBI.

i dk maybe tommy hanson if he keeps it up