Chell asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

How old dose a child have to be in order to chose where she lives?

I am a 15 year old girl.I will be 16 in January.My father died when I was 9.My mom and I do not get along, she tells me things like "I hope you get pregnent" and "I hope you never get an education",she calls me a whore when I'm a virgen.So she allowed me to move in with her ex bf Chris, who acts like a real dad to me.I have lived with him for 3 years now.Im really happy where I am.So now all of a sudden she has this new bf.And He looks at me weird, and hugs me for a LONG time.It freaks me out.He told her he wants me to move in with him and her.My mom is fourcing me to move in with her and her bf..and her bfs' son....who told me he wanted to have sex with me.Chris really isint happy about this etheir...he is like my real dad and shes just taking him away from me.I alraedy lost one dad.And besides, my mom dosint love me.She told me that.But she said since shes my mom she has every right to make me live where ever she says.It makes her happy to see me sad.I was wondering if their was anyway I could stay where I am..and make her leave me alone?.I live in Florida by the way.

Favorite Answer

Without your real biological father around, you cant petition the courts for this. the most that could possibly happen here and it will take some time is to have DCF services pull you from your mothers house for endangerment and a hostile environment and put you into protective care. Now Chris could petition the courts, along with help from DCF, for temporary custody of you which would put you with him for now and by the time everything was straightened out, youd be 18 anyway. But if something turned up in Chris s background that would prohibit having temp. custody you could be in protective custody for a very long time or worse, turned back over to your mom. There are no easy solutions here to this, sorry. Just dont be afraid to use the legal system if conditions at home get much worse or if youre forced to accept anything or do anything you dont want as this is called child endangerment and the authorities will pull you from your mom immediately. Have Chris contact a family attorney for further options here and legal help. Good luck

Source(s): Florida Paralegal

I hate to tell u this but u have the final say so, u have the authority to send her to jail for life if u word everything right.I wish i could tell u to work it out but this is a very bad position. If chris is old enough u could make him ur legal guardian and live with him. A foster home or group home would b ok, but in there u will get hurt too!! even MORE! Its hard for me too belive u r a virgin and stay with ur ex bf, but if the question is how to get away from ur mom, get a camcorder,maybe a tape recorder and get some of that stuff on tape. Take it to the police and they will put her under the jail. Thats not good but living under her roof also isn't. Im not agreeing with u on stayin with chris either. Much LOVE!!!!!*****************

My six 3 hundred and sixty 5 days previous has ADHD as nicely, and as nicely meds, and nutrition plan, thye want strict habitual. they'd desire to nicely known what is going to ensue at each particular time of the day. My son is familiar with what's predicted of him daily and each so often I in basic terms could say one time what it fairly is he could be doing and he will pull himself precise lower back on objective. wait and notice, it takes time to get there. and many encouragement they want this better than something. Giving him a chore chart with some regular jobs will help too, if he does what's on the chart then he can earn a prize on the tip of the week. that's what we do. Our chart is very straight forward. First 2 issues are does homework with none problems (meaning no fussing or not wanting to cooperate), 2nd is gets stable record from instructor or gets no calls abode. Then he has small chores to do daily. he's in charge for helping his brother feed and water the dogs each nighttime, he's in charge for his mattress room each nighttime. What ever he would have been twiddling with or had out is to be placed away formerly going to mattress. This keeps issues very elementary and he can fairly shop on with them. As he gets older the chart will develop.......

Have Chris get a lawyer and petition the court for legal guardianship. If you tell the court your feelings, and they know that you have been with him for 3 years, he should get guardianship of you! Good luck!

18 is the legal age to move.

But call the police or something and get rid of your mom.

[:

Please don't mind CoeyG she is a Troll and tries to put people down. She should get reported because she has done this with A LOT of her answers.