Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

Do you think Hot Topic is goth?

Do you really think Hot Topic sells goth clothes?

Favorite Answer

Girlie, I shop there! The sell stuff to punk up an outfit, and make things more original. Some of their stuff is "goth," and some of it isn't. The store even sells lingerie! I consider myself scene, and I love that store. Don't be afraid to try new stores that are considered "goth" and "weird," because they might be pretty rad. Oh, and someone before me said scenes and emos are posers: that's total BS. It's different, and I don't appreciate that judgement.

Hot Topic Goth

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do you think Hot Topic is goth?

Source(s): hot topic goth: https://shortly.im/l659d

Not in the slightest. Hot Topic is a mainstream chain store that has bastardized the Goth subculture and it's also selling a lifestyle. That's why so many Goths have an aversion to the store. Plus their stuff is mainly geared towards scene and emo kids.

No. I am not goth at all and I love Hot Topic. They sell very fashionable items. They sell items that are for goth people but so does Wal-Mart and Target. So does that make Wal-Mart and Target goth? No. Sol the conclusion answer. No. Hot Topic is not goth.

Source(s): My logic and reasoning

Well, i wouldn't call cartoon characters goth, but some of their stuff is. I saw those big baggy pants with the chains all over them, the black boots, some slutty hooker stuff but thats about it. They have a lot of happy stuff too.

I would think that Hot Topic is categorized under emo and punk. Much better names.

I shopped there last week for the first time after checking out their website for a couple months...and it has changed my life. I buy the skinny jeans, Hello Kitty shirts, Pikachu shirts. They do have some goth clothes, not much. Cept I'm not goth, but oh my gosh they have the cutest guys there. :)

Well it kinda does.

Those long dark robes look pretty goth.

But not the whole store is like that =O

Its more like punk/emo/scene

• Skalla

They don't. They sell skinny jeans and merchandise like Yo Gabba Gabba and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. There isn't a lot in the way of clothes there.

Hell no.

They sell what's currently popular for the "alternative" crowd.

Pretty sure Hello Kitty and Pikachu aren't "goth clothes".