What truck to get for 16th birthday? Please help me out everybody!?

thinking between chevy silverado, nissan titan, nissan frontier, GMC sierra, Dodge Dakota, or ford f-150, but im open to some suggestions. Need decent mpg, good for the money i pay, 4 wheel drive. probably from 1999-2006 because im probably not gonna pay more than 8k. Gotta be able to last a lotta miles since its my first car and im probably gonna buy it with like 120k miles or so. What do you think, people of Yahoo! Answers? Put some details as to why you think so please, dont just say the name. Thanks in advance guys.

• hamn
    Favorite Answer

If you want MPG, then you'll want to go with a smaller truck. The Dakota has awkward styling, so i wouldn't go for that one, but the frontier is a great choice- it's small, but not too small, and has enough power to haul a decent amount- with more MPG than the Titan. Iw ould also check out the Toyota Tacoma.

For the bigger trucks, go for the F150- While ford doesn't make too great of little cars, they know what they're doing when it comes to trucks. Plus, with their lower resale value, you're getting a better deal than what you would get with Nissan or Toyota. It's stylish, in all years compared to the competition, and it's rugged, while still being smooth enough for everyday driving.

Here is how my 16th went down. Cake, ice cream, a couple of presents, and that was that. Don't overdo your birthday. There will be many more to come. I have never even owned a car. I got a cell phone for my 16th and I was the happiest person alive at that moment. Close friends and family are all you need for your birthday. Heartfelt gifts are great too. I would have loved to have your truck as my own and I would take care of it to the best of my ability because I would never know the next time I would get a vehicle. As for entertainment, I will be happy enough to have a stereo and a CD, or my step-dad playing his guitar. My birthday costs less than or equal to $100 in expenses, not counting money gifts. I don't have 9/10 of a million to blow for my 20th next month, but I hope to have a bigger than usual party with good friends to have good times.

Whoa, why a pickup for a 16 year old?

Usually theres just a bunch of kids wanting esclades on this thread.

Well I say you stall small and go an older Dakota or maybe even a Ford Ranger (although you did not list it).

If you're worried about MPG, a V8 truck isn't really your best option, rofl.

Dakota:

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/8548-2000-Dodge-Da...

Ranger: (No clue of the year on this, sorry)

http://autopartstumble.files.wordpress.com/2008/02...

they're both more modest than a massive F150. (Ps, insurance is more with more cylinders, so a big V8 is gonna kill you either way, gas or insurance.)

Chevy Silverado

Source(s): Best Truck In The World

Stay away from Dodge and GMC. Ford is probably the best value, Nissan the most reliable.

I would go with a s-10. Smaller engine than the silverado. And looks pretty good. My first was a f150...gas hog! and it was only a 4.6l . I prefer cars though and that Mark guy is probaly g*y so ignore him. As for import trucks...ehh

2000 GMC Sierra

I would go for a Ford Ranger. Dependable, good fuel mileage .