Who built the Old City of Jerusalem?

I'm curious what people think.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Jerusalem is the land of the Bible.

There are no definitive records that accurately precede then, no mention other than the bible.

Back in 1000 BC King David captured Jerusalem, made it the capital of the Kingdom of Israel and built the first Temple. Then came the Babylonians and the destruction of the Temple, followed by conquering armies from Persia and Greece. Five hundred years later in 516 BC the Hebrews again controlled Jerusalem and built the Second Temple. Here Jesus, according to the New Testament, disparaged the high priests. At that time, the narrow streets were filled with moneylenders. The Romans and their puppet, the Jewish King Herod, controlled the City.

Lets put this all into perspective.

Herod tried to have jesus killed when he was a baby & elder jewish rabbis had him killed when he threw them out of his fathers ( gods ) house.

Jerusalem's history tells us the last people to benefit from its existence should be israel.

• GIBOS
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The Jebusites were a Canaanite tribe who inhabited and built Jerusalem, then the city was reconquered by King David in 1003 BC.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bob Vila of this old Jerusalem.

• 1 decade ago

LOL..love "don't really cares " answer..but I'm pretty sure it was King David

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dhpo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

the arabs who live there.

• 1 decade ago

i'm pretty it was me :).

Source(s): hitler
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.