Do the ends justify the means ? Sometimes ... do the ends justify the means sometimes ?

Torturing a suspect to save a million people and a thousand puppies ? Are the means justified then ? At a time when the loss is either great or personal ? Is it OK then ? What do you imagine Jesus to say --- what would his stance be? Would Jesus say it is OK .... sometimes our enemies are so bad we... show more Torturing a suspect to save a million people and a thousand puppies ?

Are the means justified then ? At a time when the loss is either great or personal ? Is it OK then ?

What do you imagine Jesus to say --- what would his stance be?

Would Jesus say it is OK .... sometimes our enemies are so bad we have to commit atrocities to win .....?

Would he really say that ?

In the end haven't we allowed our so called enemy to dictate our choices and our behavior by providing just the circumstance we needed to justify it all ?

What enemy could we possibly be fighting that is so bad that we must turn into just that in order to win ?

If we allow ourselves to become closer to or worse than the evil acts of our enemies how could we call that a win ? Hasn't the enemy just turned us into them ---- that sounds like a horrible defeat doesn't it ?
Update: ************ I didn't put words into Jesus mouth --- I asked a question What would Jesus say ? Would he say this? It is you that imagined what Jesus answer would be --- and from the sound of it you didn't like the answer you imagined Jesus would have What would Jesus say ? Would he say... show more ************

I didn't put words into Jesus mouth --- I asked a question

What would Jesus say ? Would he say this?

It is you that imagined what Jesus answer would be --- and from the sound of it you didn't like the answer you imagined Jesus would have

It is a question ...... what do you think he would say?