Is the old saying, If you love something set it free just a bunch of bull?

Favorite Answer

depends on how you look at it if you set them free only because you want them to come back then yes its bull, you openly set them free because they dont love you and dont want to be with you then you let them go out of unconditional love knowing they will never come back and you let them go because you loved them so much your saying its ok go on live your life be happy, you however will still be miserable and eventually grow angry towards this person because you were willing to sacrifice everything for them and all they wanted was away from you,,, relationships hurt so bad, good luck, im still working on my quest for love, and im 33, so do what ya gotta do and i wish you the best i hope you do find some one to make you happy

• ICH8TE

No, it's true. Like for instance, if you are a male dog who loves sleeping with a 100 women. Don't marry your childhood sweetheart just because that's what SHE wants to do. You know you can't be faithful to just her, so set her free, and let her find a loving man where she'll be the only woman that he needs and wants.

If setting it free is what's best for it, then yes. I think that's what the expression refers to. Loving something or somebody implies that you want what is best for them.

Ive done it. I liked someone alot but let it go when i saw how happy they were with someone else, a good person too, and i think their still together. Sometimes letting something go brings good.

shut up nasty aids infested gay creature

It well may be in your best interest to do so.. Somethings are far better "gone"..

Rachelle In High Heels

Depending on the situation. It really, really just depends. I am in a situation like that, and I um, just don't know what to do.

• cc

Nope, I think that's some of the best advice!

hell no! if u love someone...cling on to them as tight as u can...without being clingy that is :P

x