Christians, do you think that atheists deserve to go to Hell?

I'm not asking you to state that it is God's call on whether or not someone goes to Hell. I'm asking whether or not you think that an atheist who lived a decent life actually deserves to go to Hell for eternity. I'm asking for your opinion.

Thanks :)

Best Answer

In my opinion, there is no hell for an atheist, so there really isn't anything to worry about. And I also think that if God is so great, he is not going to torture his creations. If theres such thing as an afterlife, I'm sure it's pleasant for everyone..if God exists atleast.

Atheists are not concerned with a question of Heaven or Hell, nor should be the Christian. Both groups should be concerned with living in the present because one can not reclaim the past, nor can one guarantee their future. The Eternal Now is all there is. And if there is a Heaven or a Hell, for those so inclined to believe in such, then let that issue be dealt with at the time of your departure from this world and not a second sooner or later.

Have you ever heard the phrase "So Heavenly minded, they were no Earthly good!"

John 3:16 says - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

So you are asking if atheists should burn in hell fire even if they live a "decent" life? Look at the bible verse above, it says "whoever believes in Him". Now, just supposing that an atheist (unbeliever) was to go to heaven among the saved, to you really think you would be happy there with all the people that believed that Jesus would save them? I think an atheist would be miserable.

P.S. there are only two options: everlasting life (with God) or perish

Actually it's not God's call, He has given you a choice.

in case you do no longer prefer God's opinion then, you're unlikely to get very far with an answer, on account that a Christian's answer would be in line with what Scripture teaches. So in case you do no longer prefer what God says then do no longer ask certainly one of those question, because it could be meaningless besides. Scripture teaches that God is a merely God. this is not substantial what sort of individual somebody is. in the event that they do no longer seem to be proper in God's sight, then they deserve hell. there is not any individual who can greater healthy this standards for heaven, different than one, this is, Jesus Christ very God of very God, begotten, no longer made. His proper life and harmless dying has paid the fee required to pass into heaven. He paid the ransom mandatory to be righteous in God's sight.

Myth 2: The Wicked Suffer in Hell

What is the origin of the myth?

“Of all classical Greek philosophers, the one who has had the greatest influence on traditional views of Hell is Plato.”—Histoire des enfers (The History of Hell), by Georges Minois, page 50.

“From the middle of the 2nd century AD Christians who had some training in Greek philosophy began to feel the need to express their faith in its terms . . . The philosophy that suited them best was Platonism [the teachings of Plato].”—The New Encyclopædia Britannica (1988), Volume 25, page 890.

“The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, ‘eternal fire.’ The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God.”—Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1994 edition, page 270.

What does the Bible say?

“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, . . . for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.”—Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10, Revised Standard Version.

The Hebrew word Sheol, which referred to the “abode of the dead,” is translated “hell” in some versions of the Bible. What does this passage reveal about the condition of the dead? Do they suffer in Sheol in order to atone for their errors? No, for they “know nothing.” That is why the patriarch Job, when suffering terribly because of a severe illness, begged God: “Protect me in hell [Hebrew, Sheol].” (Job 14:13; Douay-Rheims Version) What meaning would his request have had if Sheol was a place of eternal torment? Hell, in the Biblical sense, is simply the common grave of mankind, where all activity has ceased.

Is not this definition of hell more logical and in harmony with Scripture? What crime, however horrible, could cause a God of love to torture a person endlessly? (1 John 4:8) But if hellfire is a myth, what about heaven?

Compare these Bible verses: Psalm 146:3, 4; Acts 2:25-27; Romans 6:7, 23

FACT:

God does not punish people in hell

Yep I sure do believe that! Than again i deserve hell too. We all do! But threw the grace and blood of Jesus we can be free from hell and live in eternity w/ God!

Source(s): Youre Welcome :)

Even a person who has lived a "decent" life has flaws and deserves hell. Yes, my own self is included in this as are my loved ones. It simply does not take long for the 'demerits' to add up!

It is the saving grace of God that spares us that terrible fate.

There are most likely many, atheists included, who have lived a "purer" life than I have..............we are not saved by purity or our own goodness. We are not spared due to our own benevolence or compassion.

Our salvation begins with the admission of needing a Savior...............someone who will reconcile us back to God, someone who will speak up for us when our own voices fail.

we all deserve hell. and this is in scripture. if there were those who did not deserve hell then why did Jesus die? even when we come to God we still deserve hell. my work can never be perfect i will always sin. it is not about right or wrong it is about sincerity and humility and be willing to give everything up for God. Faith!

Peace!!

Like God, I wish that NO ONE goes to hell. Those who do, decide on their own they want to. The ONLY way to be separated from God for eternity (call it 'hell' if you will) is to refuse to trust Christ as Lord and Savior. I don't say that, GOD does. Take it up with Him if you don't like it.

well lisa, you see, who ever doesn't except Jesus Christ as his/her personal savior then they will go to Hell no debate. try and never judge. i know it is difficult when you have your personal opinions but you do need to learn that people don't always have the same beliefs as you and i. just do your best to respect every one in life no matter what religion, you can always try and help your enemies by preaching the gospel and teaching and spreading the word of God. pray for every one who doesn't have God and try your best o help them. good luck i hope that helps.