Has pedophilia, in today's society, somehow been morphed to automatically mean child molestation?

I see pedophilia and child molestation interchanged a painful amount in media and common conversation, but they most certainly aren't the same thing. Pedophilia is the attraction to children, but a minority of pedophiles, which I hope you realize I am not, actually engage in any sort of sexual act with... show more I see pedophilia and child molestation interchanged a painful amount in media and common conversation, but they most certainly aren't the same thing. Pedophilia is the attraction to children, but a minority of pedophiles, which I hope you realize I am not, actually engage in any sort of sexual act with children. But, have the two phrases become acceptably interchangeable somehow?
Update: I Am King is accurate. Pedophilia is just a sexual attraction, in the same way that heterosexuality, homosexuality, bestiality, and necrophilia are. They're all completely natural, and I'm not being sarcastic; its just natural. Surly, you've fallen victim to the idea that pedophilia actually DOES... show more I Am King is accurate. Pedophilia is just a sexual attraction, in the same way that heterosexuality, homosexuality, bestiality, and necrophilia are. They're all completely natural, and I'm not being sarcastic; its just natural.

Surly, you've fallen victim to the idea that pedophilia actually DOES mean child molester, which is a lie. Pedophilia is the attraction, not the action, okay?