This question was deleted as I was forming an answer to the question.

I think the answer is strong enough to allow the question to be presented.


Well my mom took the child support card from me just because I got a SUMMER job, which ends in two weeks, but anyways its mines, and without me she wouldn`t be gettin it, and if she doesn`t give me back the card I wanted to know if there is anyway that I could go to court and have them cancel it, cause im an 18 year old senior and I need money, not just 400 dollars every ****** two weeks from a summer jobs, and not to mention that I have to get clothes cause I hardly have any and shoes and this is jsut ****** up, I need to know what can i do reall???

Hello, reall

You are doomed.

Read over your own question.

At 18 you are offering yourself to the working world?

Your question shows that you are not ready to be an adult.

Good clothes and shoes are always available. Start at GOODWILL they have everything you need to survive.

You are living at home, You are not paying rent, CHILD SUPPORT will only last until you are 18 or when you leave school. You are 18 so the only way to continue the CHILD SUPPORT is for you to stay in school.

Your question shows that you have not learned enough in 18 years to be accepted in any University, College or Junior College. Your future has a 90% failure rate. Probably with time in jail within the first year of graduation, if you graduate.

You only have a 10% chance of making it.

Male or female here is your best chance.

Let you mom have the CHILD SUPPORT money.

It is time for you to get your own as* in gear.

Construction is the only field you are qualified for.

Your question shows that anything requiring the use of written English is beyond your abilities. You did not even use spell check. Therefore construction is your start. I recommend becoming an Electrician. Electrician is the highest pay for the least amount of work. Volunteer to work the first two weeks for free to show the company you can be at work on time ready to do and to learn. Electricity is an excellent teacher. If you do it wrong you get one hell of a shock, to make you think harder about what you just touched. If you are really stupid and do not learn fast, then electricity will kill you and I need not write any more.

You will spend a minimum of four years learning the Electrical trade. The same time you were given by your fellow citizens to learn to be an adult during high school but which you waisted thinking that life is a free ride and there was nothing but play time ahead.

With your first pay check as an electrical apprentice you will either make or break the 80 years ahead of you.


Male or female buy a pack of condoms and learn how to use them.

The last thing the world needs is more people, who can not take care of themselves, having more children.


Open an investment account. This may be the last thing on your mind.

Just do it. Without an investment account you will never succeed. This is the point I was NOT told and only learned after 30 years of working hard. It does not matter who the account is with. You are not going to invest yet. How can you? You know nothing about investing.


Do not give your mother any of your pay check. She does not know how to manage money, or you would not be in the sad state you are in.

You are living in a home. Your mother's home. Start paying your own adult way. Chose a bill, The electric bill to start with. YOU pay that bill. You buy the money order, the stamp and the envelope and put it in a safe post office mailbox.

If you have any money left YOU go buy food for yourself. If you cook and clean up yourself then you need not buy your mother any food. If you are a deadly poor cook and you would like your mother to cook for you, you need to pay her to cook. Not with money but with the food list that she gives you to go to the store and buy the food yourself that she will cook. The store will show you how best to make every penny count.

Make sure you have enough left from your first pay check to buy the same high quality SCREW DRIVER that you saw the other electricians using. The master electricians will respect you more each week they see you show up ON TIME with one more Electrician Grade tool of your own.

DO NOT buy all your tools at one time. Good Tools are expensive and it will help you learn, if you ASK the Electricians you are working with, which tool you should buy next. The Electricians know which tools are safe for you. And which tools they recommend each week will tell you what they think of your progress.

My guess is the second week they will have you go buy ELECTRICIANS work boots. HUH? Bet you did not think of that one. The Electricians know your body is a wonderful wire and the fist thing to do is to insulate you from getting shocked and killed. Some time around the second m

9 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Child support is NOT your money. It is money to help with the household expenses because you are in that household and contribute to the spending that goes on in there to sustain the household. Your mother deserves the support because she is feeding, clothing you and keeping a roof over your head. That's why support ends when you come off age and are presumably an adult able to live on your own and pay your own way. Since your mother still pays yours that is your father's half of his contribution to her providing for you. The idea that support is your money is a widespread misconception, but a misconception nonetheless.

    Source(s): Social Worker who worked for the Department of Social Services, which aids in child support collection.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Are you the "child" to be supported, or is your mother helping you support a child whom you gave birth to? Your reference to the "child support card" wasn't clear.

    Either way, if you can possibly stay in high school until you graduate, that diploma will be your entry to many, many better jobs than you could get without one.

    The tone of your letter shows that you're not yet ready to go out into the wide world by yourself. Be glad for the food, clothing, and shelter you get by living with your mom. Don't try to grab every buck you can from her. Make plans for a decent permanent future, and work toward that.

    Yeah, yeah, it sounds dreary and so far into the future that it's almost impossible to imagine. But picture where you want to be four or five years from now, and figure out the most effective ways to get there. Otherwise you'll just stay stuck in the unpleasant situation you're in right now, because the one and only person who's going to wave a magic wand and get you out of it is -- yourself.

    This answer won't get chosen as "Best", because it sounds cold-hearted. But read it anyway, and think it over.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • montez
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    Child help and custody are 2 one-of-a-kind problems. Both have got to be courtroom ordered. Since your father was once courtroom ordered to pay baby help in your mom, that is what he is doing. Since you mom was once granted custody of you by way of a further courtroom order, you're residing along with her. If you wish to reside along with your father, and your mom isn't inclined to permit you to take action, he could must return to courtroom and petition that the usual ruling giving your mom custody be overturned. In order for that to be triumphant, he could have got to end up that residing along with your mom is a chance in your lifestyles and security. So no, you pronouncing you do not like your mother (as all kids your age do subsequently) isn't going to make a pass judgement on overrule an current custody order.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Uhm. why dont you just move out. i mean your 18,. you should be able to get a job. Like my sister :) plus its child support. You could probably cancel it since you are an adult, not a minor anymore :) !

    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    i did read all that and i think that was 1 of the best answers i have ever read, also u can get that card from ur mom, because u are an adult already!!! ur 18 years old!!

    • Login to reply the answers
  • creed
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    hon, do you realize that child support is your mom's, not your's???

    why don't you contact your child support enforcement agency, or your mom's lawyer, or, get your own lawyer: & you may understand that you are ranting, & that is why you are getting responses you don't want;; people are trying to educate you on something you really don't know;; so, don't ask us, ask people you may believe, like the one's who actually take care of this stuff, but then you can't hide behind an avatar...

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Get a life.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Move out, she can't do a thing about it.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    No one's gonna real all that anyway.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.