Knee Cracking with Pain?

My knee tends to Crack after its bent for awhile. Like if I'm sitting for awhile and I go to get up it will Crack when i stand up. Then a brief sharp pain occurs. After that it's fine until I sit down again. I am 5ft 3in and just over 200 lbs. I have never had this happen before and I have always been on the heavy side. Arthritis does run in the family.

Question:

What could be causing this?

Why is it happening?

What can I do to fix it?

I cant take the medication you have suggested. I have Epilepsy so it would cause seizures. Sorry but thanks for the suggestion

Favorite Answer

my sister has the same thing but i don't know what it is she just takes prescribed pills because she is short and a little heavy just like you she found out what she had when she was little thought ( darn it i was just thinking about the disorder or disease or what ever it is and now it just slipped my mind :( ) well basically ur not alone is my point but i wish i could help :(