2005 Cadillac STS - Vibration?

I recently purchased a pre-owned 2005 Cadillac STS. The car is in excellent shape and looks and runs great. The guy I got it from had all the service records and all services were performed by the dealer. That said, I've noticed a strange, rythmic type vibration that occurs when I go any where from 60 - 75 mph. It kind of goes in an on off pattern about every 1'1/2 seconds. It's not horrible, but seems unusual. I was wondering if this is normal and just a result of the 6 speed auto transmission, or if something else is going on. The car is under extended warranty, but I would like to be able to at least speak intelligently about the problem if I take it to the dealer - any ideas - suggestions?

Favorite Answer

possible bad tire or tires need balancing.

I bought a used 2005 Cadillac STS with 26000 miles on it. Without ever doing anything to it except changing oil and air filters I drove it to 33000 miles when I got a vibration like you describe. Then a man stopped me and said my left wheel was wobbling. I guess it was as it had four studs broken off, only one still holding it on. A new hub is about $400 but NAPA had the studs and lug nuts in stock and two hours of work in my shop had it fixed. The other wheels had loose lug nuts when I checked them.

sounds like maybe a tire problem.

maybe a tire is loose.