Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearXbox · 1 decade ago

What is the difference between an Xbox LIVE Gold membership and an Xbox LIVE Silver membership?

I'm getting the Xbox 360 Pro console in a few weeks, it includes the console, the cables, the headset and a 60GB hard drive. It also says on the box that it has a 1 month free Xbox LIVE Silver Membership. At stores, I see 12 month subscriptions to Xbox LIVE (Gold Membership) for $59.99, what's the difference between Gold memberships and Silver memberships?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

congrats on the xbox. Silver memberships are free. They come with free game demos, movie rentals, tv downloads, game add ons, downloadable arcade games. avatars ,and video and text chat. Gold memberships will cost you. You can get a three month card for about 20.00. They can do everything a silver membership can do and a few others. Video chat, online multiplayer gaming so you can play with other people from around the world, earlier access to never before seen content, NETFLIX, discounts, xbox live parties, and photo sharing

Source(s): xbox.com
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Silver memberships are free. So 1 month free of Silver Membership is bogus. You could have silver for years, and it won't cost you a cent. With silver, you can acces extra content for your games (to be bought with a credit card), chat, and get council updates. With Gold, you get everything you do with silver, but you can also play online, and get discounts. That is all I know of, but there may be more differences.

• 1 decade ago

Mine came with a life time free silver,but a 1 month free gold,anyways.Silver is the basic,you can download stuff and do all that,but you can't play against people online which is where the gold comes in.

• 1 decade ago

XBOX Live Gold (costs) allows you to play with others online, compete in XBOX Live Primetime games like 1 vs 100 and win real prizes, chat in a party plus everything else Silver does

XBOX Live Silver (free) does not allow anything I said above

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Brad C
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well for one make sure you can connect the thing to a router either wired or through wifi. Gold Membership allows you to play online with friends (thats the main difference). As for the card, thats a tad expensive. I get mine from Amazon, I pay $50 for 13 months (usually its on sale too) so get it from amazon, its cheaper the microsoft and it has an extra month on it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the gold membership costs something the silver is free,also when you create a new account for XBL you get 1 mo. gold free, then when gold expires it switches you back to silver until you resubscribe that and in some events only gold members can participate in it

• 1 decade ago

A Gold membership will allow you to join Games and Download Videos or demos or Whatever you want

A silver membership only allows you to chat with your friends

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I can't be for sure but...

my friend has an xbox 360 and she said that golds can talk with multiple ppl on this headset thingy and silvers can only talk with on person at a time... other then that idk

• 1 decade ago

silver lets you download stuff... and thats it

WHERE gold lets you talk on headsets buy games full play agaainst ppl u dont or do know

btw silver is free forever. not gold

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you can't play games with silver (online)

Source(s): Free Xbox Live & Microsoft Points & Games & Accessories & Even More: http://freemicrosoftpointsnow.com
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.