Why does the chick at the hardware store always ask me if I have any plumbing to do?

So I was at Ace hardware today and like usual the chick that works there asked me if I had any plumbing to do. I usually go to Ace Hardware once a week to either buy wd-40 or duct tape and occasionally some nails. Anyways everytime I am there she asks me if I have plumbing to do. She also asked me today if i wanna... show more So I was at Ace hardware today and like usual the chick that works there asked me if I had any plumbing to do. I usually go to Ace Hardware once a week to either buy wd-40 or duct tape and occasionally some nails. Anyways everytime I am there she asks me if I have plumbing to do. She also asked me today if i wanna screw. I told her no that I needed some nails and duct tape. Is it common for Hardware store people to ask about plumbing and try to sell screws?