Lilly
Lilly asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Swirling PB into my brownies?

I wanted to add some Reese's Pieces to my brownie mix (regular box brownie mix) but I ate them all! So someone suggested I mix peanut butter into the brownie batter. I was going to use the swirling method-- swirl the PB around the batter with a knife right before the pan goes into the oven, but I'm a bit skeptical about using PB straight from the jar. Should I water it down first with maybe milk or something?

Favorite Answer

warm the peanut butter in the microwave

i usually do 15 seconds at a time 'cause our microwave is Awesome!

swirl theoeanut butter into the brownie batter when the peanut butter is soft and slightly runny

or you could cook the brownies, and make peanut butter icing with peanut butter *confectioners sugar *aka powdered sugar* and a couple table spoons of milk

Pour your brownie batter into the pan. Then dollop a Tbsp of PNB every so often. Then take a fork or dull knife and drag thru batter and PNB, making it swirl. Then bake as usual. Simple, straightforward, and GOOD!

don't water it down that will make the batter runny. Just beat it w/ hand mixer till it is creamy. To make it even creamier add a little cream cheese.