Can a psychiatrist admit you to the psych ward for having suicidal thoughts ?

I have very intense suicidal thoughts. Thinking about suicide makes me happy and I fantasize about different ways of killing myself. I am not planning on killing myself but these thoughts of mine are pretty intense. And I am on medication. But my thoughts are really quite annoying. I think of all the different... show more I have very intense suicidal thoughts.
Thinking about suicide makes me happy and I fantasize about different ways of killing myself.
I am not planning on killing myself but these thoughts of mine are pretty intense.
And I am on medication.
But my thoughts are really quite annoying. I think of all the different ways I could die and how much I want to die. I want to die, that's for sure. I have the will to die but I just don't have the guts to do it.
So what would a psychiatrist say in a situation like this ?
And I was prescribed medication and I don't even know if I want to be on them and yah, I'm having these intense suicidal thoughts.
What happens ?
What should I do since it's Friday night ?
And I told him I wouldn't be going to the day hospital for the next 2 weeks because of summer vacation, and he told me I could go if I want, so yah, what do I do ?
I feel suicidal, I want to die but yet, I can't do it and it's really annoying me
So what would he do for suicidal thoughts ?