Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Has anyone heard how the Holy Father Pope Benedict the XVI is doing?

He just fell, broke his wrist, and had surgery to repair it. Please say a short prayer for his healing.

Best Answer

If God can't be bothered to look after his main representative here on earth why would we care?

I had not heard that the Holy Father had fell and broke his wrist, I will keep him in my prayers and my wife and I will say a Rosary for him.

• John S

Fireball -- WOW! what a chance to apply what you are always preaching on here.. and yet you failed to apply your own advice. Sad really

Heard he walked himself into the Hospital so I think he isn't that bad off.

I will try to remember to say a prayer for him tonight.

SIDE NOTE: WHY are old people always falling in bath tubs.. are they attracted to them like moths to flames or something?

Maybe he needs to only vacation at places which have stand up Shower stalls.

I'm glad he didn't break a hip. My mind can imagine how a titanium hip replacement surgery would create a series of "Cyborg Pope" and "Terminator" jokes.

So Catholicism dodged a bullet on that one.

• R.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit "Let us pray,Heavenly Father, in the name of your beloved son Jesus Please watch over our Father Pope Benedict and heal his hand. comfort him from pain and give him a fast recovery Amen" In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy spirit. Amen.

Of course I'll pray.

The article I read said that the man actually celebrated Mass BEFORE going to the hospital! Now THAT is impressive!

I love my German shepherd!

I read that he fell, broke his wrist, it was set in a cast & that he is doing quite well, but did not know he had surgery.

So glad it wasn't worse.

In the past, I've had fractures reduced & realigned (wrist included) under local. Much pain involved there..

Yes, I will pray for him!

JITIY- thanks for asking & Kristevon- thank you for the links.

• Daver

He's fine. He had minor surgery done on his wrist and was released from the hospital not long after.

He came out of the hospital smiling. Go to www.spiritdaily.com and it will give you spiritual news from around the world. Its a very good catholic web page.

• I hope he is back to full health soon. He has a special place in the life of us Catholics and other Christians.

I read on Yahoo! News that he's doing pretty well. Of course I'll pray for his healing.

I think his approval rating is about 42%, but it doesn't really matter becuase his in for life(pun intened). Acutally it's a triple pun isn't it. words facinate me.