• Pregnancy & Parenting >
  • Pregnancy
  • Pregnancy & Parenting >
  • Pregnancy

Excess of amniotic fluid, 36 weeks pregnant?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
this week i am 36 wks pregnant, and i was told i have excess of amniotic fluid... i have contractions but because of the fluid i wont dilate... i will be going to my doctor on ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
  • Me answered 6 years ago
Your doctor will monitor you very closely and there is a chance that they will induce you or do a c-section early depending on how high your levels are.

The risk of stillbirth is very low, about 4 in 1000 compared to 2 in 1000 for normal pregnancies so don't worry to much. You are at higher risk for PROM and c-section but since you are already 36 weeks the baby is big enough to be born right now and be okay.

Asker's rating & comment

4 out of 5
thank you
  • 0
    0
  • Comment
excess of amniotic fluid, 36 weeks pregnant?
this week i am 36 wks pregnant, and i was told i have excess of amniotic fluid... i have contractions but because of the fluid i wont dilate... i will be going to my doctor on monday.. but has anyone had this? what happened? will i have a c section earlier than my due date?
Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock