Is taking Zoloft every other day instead of daily a bad idea?

Been on 100mg of Zoloft (sertraline) for a long time now (couple years) but decided I wanted to try something different recently. So I started taking the 100mg tablets every other day instead of daily. I'm less than a week into it but am feeling pretty odd lately, I think i'm confusing my brain with these... show more Been on 100mg of Zoloft (sertraline) for a long time now (couple years) but decided I wanted to try something different recently. So I started taking the 100mg tablets every other day instead of daily. I'm less than a week into it but am feeling pretty odd lately, I think i'm confusing my brain with these 'every other day' dosages. Should I just go back to daily?

The dilemma is I need at least 100mg of zoloft to keep me going, anything less and I get depressed pretty quick. On the other hand, there are some side effects I really don't like.

I can't get a prescription for any other kind of AD pill, the Docs want to keep me on Zoloft even though I've tried to persuade them to let me try something else.

So I was hoping taking it every other day would solve my problems but i've feeling pretty odd.