Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 decade ago

Can I get my PS3 to connect to the internet through a Wireless Access Point?

Can I get my PS3 to connect to the internet through a Wireless Access Point, WITHOUT having a wireless network at home? I mean, I have a connection to the internet by ADSL through the phone lines. Can I connect a Wireless Access Point and by that create an option for a PS3 to get online with the Wireless technology?

Best Answer

Okay, you need access to a router to have a wireless network and unless one of your neighbors has a router and allows you to connect to it, you will have to go and buy a router, set it up with your computer and then you have a wireless network & access point.

In short; no, you need a wireless network at home or a neighbor has to allow you to use theirs (don't try and steal other peoples, as if they a WEP or more secure access key and have something like Comp-TIA certification in security, they could be logging people trying to hack it, I know I would).

Try BestBuy or MicroCenter for a wireless router.

Source(s): I fix computers, deal with security problems, and have a wireless network.