How does a person have their OTH discharge changed?

My son-in-law received an other than honorable discharge for going AWOL when my daughter was about to give birth.
He is older now and interested in getting his otherwise exemplary military record "fixed".It has been more than 15 years ago this happened.
Thanks for any help
10 answers 10