should I get fallout 3 now or wat for game of the year edition?

My birthday is in 2 days and I asked my dad for xbox live and a game plus clothes. Im getting fallout 3 cause I've rented it and liked it plus with xbox live I could get the dlcs and for other games 2. But would it be better if I got the game of year edition that comes in october for 70 dolllars I think

Favorite Answer

Get it now screw waiting

The game is great and I got it last Christmas for the PS3. I personally am going to trade in my copy and re-purchase the GOTY Edish. I suggest You wait for the GOTY because you get all the DLC with it and hopefully it will be on the disc to save Hard Drive Space.

Source(s): Beat it= Platinum Trophy 100% Awesome Game
  • nasty1

if you have the xbox 360 then i would get it now because you can get the dlc from market place,if you had a ps 3 i would say wait because by the time they release all of the dlc for the ps 3 the goty edition will be out.hope this helps.good luck in the wastelands.

Source(s): personal experience.

wait for the game of the year edition. not only is it much longer than the non-game of the year edition fallout 3, but i think it comes in a special edition case. you also get multiple new weapons, locations and quests.

GOTY edition: $70

non-GOTY edition:$60

plus

DLC stuff: $40

equals: $100

buying the GOTY edition is obviously much cheaper

What I'd do is borrow it from a friend, and then just buy the Game of the Year edition. Hell, you've waited this long, what's a few more months? All in all, I definitly recommend it, as the game kicks a$$.

Source(s): Fallout 3 Expert, having logged over 400 hours in it.
  • Wait for fallout game of the year edi. fallout 4 will be here soon enough.

I would wait, the game is great, but probably not long enough. At least with GOTY eddition, it will have a larger lifespan.

wait for goty, it will end up saving you $ (its only $60) unless you can find the game for $10 it will end up costing more. if you dont mind paying more then go for getting it now