Gays did you find Bruno movie offensive?

It was funny yes but I also found it kinda offensive.....I am a lesbian(so I can relate alot to this movie) and I also know lots of gay guys etc and I find the movie very sterotyped and offensive.....funny but it gives society the wrong impression of gay men....

• K
    Favorite Answer

I thought it was hilarious. His entire point is to essentially "troll" people that are conservative/homophobic.

I thought it was funny! It was stereotypical, but that's kind of how comedy works. And it's not like it was saying all gays are feminine, it was just a funny movie about a hilarious feminine guy.

First off, the film was a masterpiece. I laughed so hard I almost peed, haha. (:

Secondly, if someone bases their judgement of homosexuals off of a comedy film, then they need medical attention. Only stupid people take stereotypes in the movie (or any movie, for that matter) seriously. We shouldn't blame the film for doing what it is supposed to do. Shock and make people laugh.

Umm well it made me kinda scary tbh. I've grown up in England where being a lesbian can be accepted (lots of people don't like it though) but "God hates fags?" What the hell? I've seen behaviour like that before but when they were throwing chairs and stuff at them in the ring? Frankly it's made me scared.

• ?

It's satire, that's all it is. It's to show the absurdity of anti-gay "arguments." Therefore, it's not to be taken as offensive. I haven't seen it, but quite frankly I don't want to see it for fear of having to face the reactions of other people who don't see it that way.

Ha, I asked this same question earlier.

My brother was very offended by it, but he's straight.

I thought it had its funny parts, but was a little too outrageous in some parts.

The thing is movies are full of stereotypes. That's what makes them funny.

I don't get angry at the Wayans Brothers for making stereotypical black comedies.

• RaTz

No, I thought it was brilliant. He takes the piss out of everyone.

I have yet to see it, but i do not get offended easily.