How long will a grass lawn take to be full green and dense?

I have a KBG grass but it's not that dense yet and deep green. How long does it take for a lawn to be at it's full beauty. Does it take two years, months to see some improvement? I'm planning to aerate, fertilize every season, weed control and insect control once a year. I just can't wait I want a walk barefoot on a carpeted thick, dense deep-blue lawn.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Fertilize 4 times per year. Early Spring, Late Spring, early summer,early fall. In the Spring Use Pre-Emergent crabgrass control as well as a hi nitrogen content. In late Spring use A fertilizer with weed control with a number like 28-4-11. In summer use 10-10-10 & insect control. In the fall use 32-0-0. Aerate as often as possible and water whenever you can. Also set your lawnmower up to cut 3 inches and leave the clippings down. In two years you will have the lawn you want. Good luck.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • storms
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Planting a clover backyard is transforming into very widely used, and is easy to maintain each and every of the 300 and sixty 5 days around, and it is organic, the way a backyard must be with out the matters of grass, it is ordinary, basically sow the seeds and the clover will quickly overtake the grass and is quite tolerant of drought and moist. And it seems greater suitable than grass.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

! 10-10-10! 32-0-0! POISON THE SOIL!

Find yourself a good organics.....turf-tone, every 3 mnths first yr, then less the following yr.

• 1 decade ago

you should definitely fertilize it. but whether you do or don't it'll take a couple weeks to grow nice and thick.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • krk
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

In about a week.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.