Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles · 1 decade ago

Why is it that in this country an Irish joke is funny?

What I mean is in other countries the Irish are replaced by peoples who that country feel are inferior to them. For example; In Canada the Irishman would be replaced by a Polish man and the joke would be as funny.

The good thing about most people is that they can see the funny side of life without being offended by so called racism. A joke is a joke in whatever language and it is the way a joke is told that makes it either acceptable or not.

Now here are a couple of Irish jokes for you enjopyment:

Did you hear about the Irishman who bought an A. M. radio. Took him months before he realised he could play it at night too.

After ordering an extra large pizza the Irishman said" And make sure you cut it into three pieces. I cou;ld never eat six.

Then one for our asian friends, who incidentally found this funny themselves when I told them it. Remember this is a joke and there is no intention to be offensive, If you find it offensive then you cannot have a sense of humour.

What do you call a good looking Paki? Asif. My asain friends found that very funny especially so the one who was actually called Asif.

Best Answer

actually in ireland, the joke isn't about an irishman, its about a kerryman.

• John K

I have to admit, I don't get the Paki joke. But the others are funny.

I don't think jokes about stupidity, that include a nationality, are offensive. No nation has cornered the market on stupidity, but give the Polish a break once in a while.

And by the way, if anyone says the Irish are a bunch of drunken hot-heads, I'll get off my bar stool and give them a fat lip!

LoL :-)

I thought you could just plug in any ethnicity you wanted. I prefer blonde jokes, myself.

Two blondes had locked the keys in the car. They were desperately trying to get them out using a coat hanger. The second one said, "Hurry UP! It's about to rain, and the top is down!".

Not funny in the slightest. One of the worst jokes I've seen for a while.

• ?

Yeah, no one likes a joke better than the irish, even if it's at their expense, they are the least offended ever. Bring it on I say.. ♣

That was way confusing and no i dont recall anybody replacing irish people in jokes.. if so who cares? that means were not making fun of you?

What's black and blue and floats down the liffey?

A person caught telling irish jokes in Dublin.

Same reason there are the Blonde jokes in the US of A!!!.

• Bert

In America...those are called BLONDE jokes.

your an idiot if you think joking like that is harmless this is why their so many people being raped in american prisons americans by and large find rape especially male rape funny