Florida unemployment benefits and a second job?

I have two jobs. One is full-time and one is part-time. I found out I am being laid off from my full-time job. How will my part-time job effect my unemployment benefits? I hardly make any money with my part-time job, but I need that extra money to pay my bills. But, I don't want to lose out on unemployment benefits because I would be eligible for the maximum amount weekly.

Please advice.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

You are allowed to make some money while receiving UI benefits.

Typically, if you make under a certain amount you receive your total benefits for the week and if you make over a certain amount, you won't receive benefits for that will. In between these amounts, you will get a reduced amount (the more you make the less UI benefits you get).

You can probably fine the specific information, on the State of FL, unemployment website.

Also, if quit your parttime job, you may not be able to receive benefits.

It varies from state to state. Call your local unemployment office, or read the information on their website. Usually you deduct your part-time job earnings from your claim amount every week, and you get to keep the difference. Quiting your part-time job will make you ineligible.

For other ways to save money during a layoff see the website

http://www.xomba.com/suze_orman_oprah_gives_financ...